Please download the Guide To Renting above or use the navigation below to skip to the relevant section:
- Why Choose us?
- Why Renting Could Work For You
- Deposit And Rental Payments
- Inventories And Schedules Of Conditon
- Safe Agent
Information For Tenants
WHY CHOOSE US?
The Carrington Partnership is a family business with a wealth of experience in the residential lettings market. We pride ourselves on providing a thoroughly professional service to tenants and consider that we have an obligation to ensure that your new home meets all your expectations.
Our standards are extremely high – we offer only quality properties and demand that our landlords maintain these standards. You will find that all our properties are nicely decorated, well maintained and “clean”. Our strict codes of practice will ensure that any essential repairs are dealt with swiftly without delay and since we have our own in-house maintenance team. In fact, we are one of the very few agents to be able to provide the tenants of our “managed” properties with a 24 hour – 365 day a year emergency call out facility.
WHY RENTING COULD WORK FOR YOU
- It provides a chance to get to know a new area before committing to a purchase
- It enables you to enjoy a more luxurious home than you can actually afford to buy and removes the worry of a potential increase in interest rates
- It provides freedom to move on and buy when the time is right
- It prevents you being part of a long buying and selling chain and can also allow you to release equity in a former home to invest in new ventures.
- It enables you to move into a school catchment area in which you could possibly not afford to purchase a property.
- You are not responsible for maintenance and costly repairs on the property itself.
- Lack of commitment can be liberating and where there are new schools and new jobs to co-ordinate, a short term let can be far less stressful than buying
In this day and age where “time is money” we appreciate that it will be necessary to arrange viewings in the evenings or at the weekend. We will endeavour to arrange viewing appointments at a time convenient to you wherever possible. All viewings will be accompanied by a member of our staff who will be happy to discuss the lettings process with you and will do their utmost to find you a suitable property meeting all your requirements.
Once you have selected a property you will be asked to complete a “Tenancy Application Form”. Each tenant over the age of 18 years will be required to complete a form. The information provided will enable us to take up references to confirm that you are a suitable candidate for tenancy. There is an administration fee payable to cover the cost of the referencing and detailed credit checks. The forms are processed as quickly as possible and references are generally obtained within four to five working days.
DEPOSIT & RENTAL PAYMENTS
Upon receipt of satisfactory references, we will then request the deposit monies to cover the Landlord in the event of any loss, breakages and dilapidations – this is usually the equivalent of ones months rent plus £100.00. The deposit is taken to cover any damaged caused to the property over and above normal wear and tear and/or any rent arrears or costs incurred due to contravention of the tenancy agreement.
By law, under the Housing Act 2004 any deposit taken from a tenant by a landlord or their agent for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy must safeguard it in an approved tenancy deposit scheme. The Carrington Partnership are insured agents and will hold deposits as members of The Dispute Service (TDS).
The Dispute Service is an independent, not-for-profit company established to resolve tenancy deposit disputes in the private rented sector. The scheme provides a dispute resolution service should a dispute about the allocation of a deposit arise at the end of the tenancy.
- The objectives are generally:
- Protecting deposits throughout the tenancy
- Ensuring the return of the deposit promptly at the end of the tenancy, where there is no dispute.
- Ensuring deposit disputes are dealt with fairly and quickly
Should the landlord opt to hold the tenants deposit monies themselves, they have a legal obligation to provide the tenant(s) with full details of the chosen scheme in which the deposit has been lodged within 30 days of the commencement of the tenancy. The tenancy agreement will clearly detail who will hold the deposit monies.
You will also be asked to pay the first month’s rent in advance and rental monies will then be collected monthly by standing order. Our properties are let on “Assured Shorthold Tenancies” and usually for a term of 6 or 12 months.
Rogue letting agents give the industry a bad name. They are an exception yet they dominate the headlines because of the financial nightmare and distress they cause. Landlords and tenants can protect themselves from this risk and carefully choose their letting agent. At The Carrington Partnership, we take every measure to protect our clients’ funds and this is highlighted by our commitment to SAFEagent.
SAFE – Safe Agent Fully Endorsed – is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords and tenants money through client money protection schemes.
- Any lettings firm registered as a SAFEagent operates a designated client account to hold landlords and tenants money completely separately from the operating funds of the firm
- The firm’s accounting practices are independently monitored on an annual basis
- The firm will be part of a CMP (Client Money Protection) scheme operated by an industry body or organisation entirely separate to the firm.
The Carrington Partnership work closely with Thompson Brothers Insurance Specialists who can offer a bespoke Tenants Contents Insurance which may ultimately assist in protecting your deposit monies in the event of accidental damage during your tenancy.
We have negotiated excellent rates due to high volumes of business – contact them for a free quotation without obligation and mention our name to ensure that you obtain our concessionary rates.
Thompson Brothers Insurance Specialists – 0161 480 6444
INVENTORIES AND SCHEDULES OF CONDITIONS
The Carrington Partnership will prepare all the necessary legal documentation in relation to the tenancy. This will include an Inventory and Schedule of Condition which is a detailed report listing the contents of the property and detailing the condition of the property and contents at the commencement of the let. It will reflect the standard of the décor, flooring and the state of cleanliness. The preparation of this report guards against new tenants being held responsible for any minor historic damage caused by previous tenants at the end of the tenancy. All tenants will be provided with a copy of this document and a signed copy will be retained on our file and will be used on vacation to ensure that the property is left in the same condition as it was found.